Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Is it over yet?

Day #275-
   It's been awhile, I know! Life has just been really busy. We were also in Huntington Beach and the LA area visiting dear friends of ours between summer and fall semesters. I got a week off! I started back to school full time on Monday and Chloe starts Pre school too! I think it was harder for me to drop her off than her. I'm still finding myself looking down to make sure shes still beside me and catching myself asking her questions. I'll be known as the local crazy lady here pretty soon!
   I also haven't written much because I'm just getting so sick of waiting and waiting and all of the work. Just when I think I'll have a small break, I have to do more stuff. I've been making copies of Garys health records and forms to send over to him for his medical exam and interview. I ordered a bunch of pictures to send to him to for his interview and they got lost in the mail. Not too happy about that. Everything I send anything over to Ireland it's a flat rate of $17. Not to mention the cost of making copies and printing things out.

  Gary had his medical exam in Dublin on August 14. Everything went smoothly. And its a good thing I sent over him Immunization records from his last medical exam here in America years ago. That saved us about $300! But the medical exam itself was $500. Money, money, money! It's all about the money when it comes to Immigration. So start saving now if you're considering it. Garys interview date is September 4. He'll pick up his medical records from the doctor in Dublin and walk down the street to the US Embassy for his interview.

   I've read and talked to people who say the interview could ask for certain forms, especially IRS papers. So I'm shipping all of that stuff over to him and hoping it'll all make it in time. It's a lot of leg work and money. I really need to just invest in a printer.

   For the waiver, I'm still trying to get letters together from friends and family. That's easier said than done. I'm also filing out the forms, writing a nice check for $585 and working on our declaration. Which explains our life together, his reason for overstay and why we need him with us here in America. I'm still getting all of our medical records together, including my fathers. At least I'm done with dealing with all of these doctors and trying to get letters out of them. Most doctors are not very nice. But luckily my Dad changed doctors and he wrote us a letter. Though he wouldn't put my name in it for "legal reasons."

  I just can't wait until this is all over with! I can't wait to be in my husbands arms again. Even when I want to kill him, I'll think back to this time of fighting and aggravation. Though I'll probably say OH GO BACK TO IRELAND! When I'm really mad haha! Just because I can and it's kinda funny.

   If he got to his interview and they forgave him for the overstay and told him he didn't need a waiver, I'd be over the moon. I'd probably just pass out. That would be a dream come true. It was only a few days over the 180 days allowed. C'mon!

   OK, time to clean up dinner and get Chloe to bed. I'll try to write more. I'm taking 4 classes right now, so I'm a little nervous. And the classes are intense! But I'm excited! And Chloe is very excited to go to Pre School, which makes me very happy.
Candance & Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment