Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Missin Daddy

Day # 127
  Our two year old daughter, Chloe, is carrying around a picture of her daddy, constantly asking where he is. Some days are better than others. Today she is missing him a little more than usual.
   But usual is a lot, so today is over the moon. How do you explain to your two year old that her daddy is in another country waiting on his tip toes for the the decision that would allow him back into America to be with his family? It's pretty difficult. Every night she kisses and hugs the main picture of him on my phone. She says goodnight daddy, I love you and stares at the phone for a few extra seconds. It's extremely difficult for me to not burst into tears. But I must stay strong for her. If our case isn't expedited, Chloe and I might have to go back to Ireland for awhile.

  This means were back to a place where there are no jobs, where life feels frozen. The stress levels are high and the prospects of moving our family along to buying a house and settling into a nice life are unattainable. Its depressing and that stress lingers on a daily basis. But we can't be away from my husband and our daughter's daddy for much longer. Its not right for our family to be apart for so long for such an irritating reason.

  We just need an answer from Immigration, even a time frame would be helpful. But seconds go by, minutes, hours, then the days creep by and now, here we are, with four months gone and no answers. Everyday I check our status on line and it remains in the same position - initial review. I have Lois Capps working on our case, we're just waiting for them to get back to her. I emailed Gavin Newsom but I've yet to receive any kind of response besides the automatic reply. I'm about to email Ellen again while watching her show. If you know of anyone else who could help our family out, please let us know. Thanks for reading,
Candance & Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment