Monday, April 30, 2012

Politicans

Day # 161
    Note to self - do not watch sad shows, such as Giuliana Rancic undergoing surgery, when you're having a bad day. And having said that, lets begin. Immigration matters are all over the news these days. Especially with elections coming up in November and the "Arizona crackdown," as the news likes to call it. Fox News is always on at the gym and it really just drives me crazy.

   It's so bias and ridiculous. But the anger it drives up in me makes for an even better work out. I'm still not sure how something like that got passed in Arizona. News flash - There are MANY, MANY, MANY illegal Immigrants out there who do not have brown skin. In my opinion, the whole thing is incredibly racist. But what makes me even more upset is the fact that these people do not see illegal Immigrants as people. These people that you are deporting have families, friends and a life in this country. This is what America was founded on! And they are here because the Immigration process is such a mess, and an expensive one, at that.

  I've found out over the last year that my husband would have been forgiven much quicker had he stayed in America illegally. This would have meant he would have had to work illegally and live in this country, breaking the law on a daily basis. But he chose to be honest and leave America on his own accord. Now he's paying for it and so are we, as his family. The process is much longer and more expensive. Had he stayed illegally we could have gotten a lawyer and had everything fixed in three months. That just really kills me.

  I wish I had more of an update, but not much has happened over the past couple of weeks. I contacted Senator Barbara Boxer who then sent me a form to sign giving her office permission to contact Immigration for me. I ran around town making copies and printing everything out they office asked for and faxed it all over to her office in Oakland, CA. A couple of days later I received a phone from a man calling from her office. He was very nice but said theres really nothing they can do to help out situation. He said the processing time of our I-130 form is still in the normal processing time and there is nothing they can do to help expedite our case. He said he could send a list of lawyers in my area who may be able to help. I told him to trust me, I've talked to them all from Los Angeles to San Francisco! I was really surprised to find out getting a lawyer cannot speed up the process.
  I had decided to try to save up enough money for a lawyer just so we could get the process sped up. Then I read that even a lawyer could not get your case expedited. They just help with filling out forms, etc. And since my husband wasn't deported, thank goodness, and has no criminal record, we don't really need one. I was disappointed that her office could do nothing for us. I've been told by so many people that Senators can help, its just a matter of them actually helping. He said to call back in two years if our case is still pending. That doesn't sound too hopeful! The only positive thing he said was that Ireland's Immigration dept isn't as busy as most others in the world, so it shouldn't take too much longer. Which I already knew, but its nice to hear from other people. The big problem will be my husband attending his interview to only be denied and told to file the I-601 waiver, which has a processing time of 7-9 months and is sent to London, a very tough office to pass anything.

  On the same day I faxed the papers to Barbara Boxer, I also wrote to our First Lady, Michelle Obama. I mean, she can't be that busy, right! Yeah, but maybe, just maybe we'll get some kind of a response. Right now all we can do is keep writing letters and contacting people, write this blog and hope and pray something will happen fast. If we could just get his interview, at least we'd have some progress. I'm considering writing to Hilary Clinton, as well. I've always loved her and have great respect for her. I guess it couldn't hurt.
  My next step is to contact the local news and TV shows, such as Good Morning America. Immigration is a hot topic right now, so they could just accept my pitch and run with it! Who knows! I'm still writing Ellen and waiting for a response. It gets really hard at times and I'm unable to think clearly or sleep. I try to stay positive and keep my husband positive, but some days are tougher than others. Our two year old hasn't seen her Daddy in almost 6 months and that really hurts me. Her Daddy has missed so many milestones and is missing out on so much. He sits in Ireland waiting daily for good news, but nothing seems to be coming.
  We can request an expedite again here soon, in just another week. I'm going to write a letter this time, as the operators on their 1800 number couldn't care less about what I have to say. I don't think they relay the information I'm giving them in a very caring or informative way. Its so frustrating to only be seen as a case number and not as a human being. Things need to change in our Immigration system. I hope our story can help in that movement, if anything. Now off to writing a request to have our case expedited. This really is a full time job! I feel as though I'm being punished for not marrying an American. It's quite sad. We must keep the faith.
Candance & Chloe

5 comments:

  1. Candance, my heart breaks for you reading your blog. I can't imagine how hard it must be for you to go through all this. I will keep you and your family in my prayers and pray for good news daily. It also breaks my heart that Chloe can't see her Daddy. God is good though and hopefully your Husband will be home with you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anything we can do, sign, any way we can help. Love and prayers, to an honorable family and an honorable mab. Write your congresswoman, she can help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the support ladies, it means a lot! Its nice to know people are reading and care about our situation. I've contacted Lois Capps but she said all she can do is inquire about our status. She did that and told us our case status, which we can check on line at any time. She said theres nothing more she can do. But Ive heard they can do a lot more. Thats why I contacted Barbara Boxer but her office said theres nothing they can do at all. Its very disappointing and frustrating. Gavin Newsome never once responded to two of my emails. I don't know who else to write. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Candance,
    I'm a reporter for The Tribune in San Luis Obispo. A former coworker sent me a link to your blog and I'd like to talk to you. Are you still living in Oceano? You can reach me at clambert@thetribunenews.com or 805-781-7929.
    Best,
    Cynthia Lambert

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sent you an email last night. Thanks so much for the interest! Thats really exciting!!

      Delete