Sunday, July 8, 2012

Coming to a theatre near you!

Day #231 -
   I think I'm going to start pitching our story to all the major production companies. I'm pretty sure our story would make for a great movie. I can see it now! Kate Winslet would play myself, of course. Now, I know what you're thinking. Gisele Bundchen suits me much better. I know, I know. But I don't want to seem too full of myself! And, Gary, who would play Gary?

  My automatic thought was Gerard Butler. My, my it doesn't get much sexier than that. I'd, of course, have to be on the set to make sure all of the scenes were correct. Especially the "romantic" scenes. I think Gerard would do a good impression of my Gary. Funny, sexy, off the wall, sexy.

   If anything, I'm sure Lifetime would pick it up. Or I could become a famous reality star. I might not have a sex tape out there or drive a Bentley, like Kim Kardashian. But I'm pretty entertaining...possibly more entertaining than KK!

   Ok, I'll get serious now. Updates, updates. Our account is STILL frozen thanks to the employee who requested a new invoice be sent. Even though I had the request cancelled on the same day, it's still frozen. I was told it'd take 24 hours to unlock. After speaking to multiple representatives over the phone, I reached someone who knew what they were talking about. He said it's going to take 3-5 business days for it to work again. Lovely. Another delay in our case.

   I also asked him if I could send the next two forms in, which I had been asking all the other representatives, and he said no. I could only send in the Affidavit of Support (I-864) in not the second form, the DS-230. He said if I sent in the second form without their request that they'd reject it and return it to me, which would greatly reduce our case. But they won't request that form until I can pay the AOS fee! It's just a huge mess and I'm not really liking it.

   This was all happening on Thursday. Chloe had been up most of the night with a cough and we were both like zombies. I had to make copies of the AOS form and all of its documents. I'd say it was, at the very least, 50 pages. I handed over our copies, but some were both sided, so I had to separate those from the single sided. This messed up the order and confused me. Chloe was on the ground having a tantrum while two ladies in their 90s were muttering things like "oh, shes tired" over and over again. Needless to say, it was quite stressful. Once that was over, about an hour later, I got her a toy next door in hopes that it'd keep her occupied while we were at the post office.

  Finally get to the post office and Chloe's asleep in the car. After a few minutes she woke up and we discover the post office is closed. Its only 2 pm! Off we went to another post office. I remembered I needed to write a quick note. But the lady in the post office said she had no paper. No paper in a post office...ok. So we sped home, I wrote a quick note and back we went. I was finally able to send off the AOS package. This is the package with all of our tax information to prove we make enough money to support Gary when he is finally allowed over. I had to include my mom and step dads last three years of tax information and mine.


   Later that day Lois Capps office called and said they'd see what they can do to help. I had told them I emailed a form, as requested, but it still hadn't even been reviewed. I had asked the representative over the phone and he said nothing had been entered into the system. So I emailed it to Lois Capps office and shes going to see what she can do to help with that and the paying the fee. She's also going to look into when I can actually send off the DS-230.

   So, nothing has changed. The confusion is still high; my stress levels even higher! Chloe is asking for Daddy more and more everyday and keeps saying "DADDY LOVES ME!" Which is cute but also makes me sad. We've been skyping with Gary on a daily basis again, since both our internets are cooperating. So it's been nice to see him. It'd be nice to see him in real life, but hey! Today he was pretty down and missed us a lot. Sometimes hes good at hiding it. Other times it's too difficult to hide. Or I know him well enough to know when he's trying to hide it. And so time goes on.

   Our story should be out tomorrow, Monday, in the Tribune! So keep your eyes peeled! I'm really excited but nervous about it!
Until next time,
Candance & Chloe

8 comments:

  1. I came here from the article by the Tribune. My heart goes out to you and your family. Its really about time we start rewriting these immigration laws and make them less painful. I don't see how this country is any better by ripping families apart.

    Best wishes to you all, and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading our story! We created this blog so people could see the problems with the Immigration system. We're really struggling through this process and I don't think people realize the difficulities involved. If we could get something changed, even just one thing, I'd be happy! Oh and get my husband home too, that'd be nice!

      Delete
  2. Hi, I saw your story in the Tribune and when you mentioned the $2,000 you had needed in the past I thought I should mention a site I've recently found that is a simple way to ask others to provide financial support in serious situations such as yours. See what you think and if it is a fit for you: http://www.giveforward.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll have to take a look at that site.

      Delete
  3. Candace, your story is very moving. I'm a reporter with KSBY TV. Will you please email me at hhanselman@ksby.com ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your interest! Thats so exciting! I emailed you this morning with my phone number. Looking forward to speaking with you!

      Delete
  4. I "met" you through VJ. We're still in immigration h*ll--over 3 years now. I'm glad you have the strength to make your story public. Not all of us do.

    God bless you and your family. May you succeed, and soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ive been following your blog too. I wish you guys the best. I can't believe you've had to go through so much, its just awful. Sending you positive thoughts and keeping you and your husband in our prayers. Thank you for the support!

      Delete