Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Denied...do not pass go...

Day #227-
   I was really hoping that this part of our Immigration journey, the NVC stage, would be quick and seamless. It has, unfortunately, been quite the opposite. First, they couldn't locate our petition for over a month. Nothing was done until we got Lois Capps involved. Now, we're being told and reading conflicting information. PLUS our request for expedite was denied. Apparently, we don't meet their criteria for an expedite. We weren't given a reason - just a denial.


   Not only have we been denied an expedite but we've also been unable to pay the $88 fee to take our process to the next step. Last Wednesday we received a bill in the mail and I went straight on line to pay it. The instructions said the status should read "IN PROCESSING" for 2-3 business days. Once a few days have passed, it should then read "PAID." I checked back on Sunday and it said "NOT PAID." I was scared to pay again, as getting a refund from these people would be impossible. I consulted with those on visajourney.com and a few said DO NOT PAY AGAIN! CALL THE NVC!

   I waited until Monday morning, sat on hold for the typical hour and got the usual cranky operator. She told she'd send out another bill through email. I expected an email would take a few seconds to send. I asked her how long it'd take to receive this email bill and she responded with the usual "we have no time frames." I waited all day and half the night and no email. So I called back and this operator said the operator I spoke to earlier should not have requested a new bill, as that freezes the account. So she said she'd cancel the request and I should be able to pay in 24 hours. Tonight I waited...and waited.

   The 24 hour mark came and went and it was still frozen. I called, yet again, and the operator said "yeah, what do you want me to do about it?" Usually I'd be shocked by such rude behavior, but I'm getting used to it. I've also learned that if I give a little attitude back, they quickly straighten up. I told her I wanted her to find out what was going on. Her response - "wait another day, then try again."

   That's when I told her we needed to pay as soon as possible, as we were trying to speed up the case. Thats when she laid the bad news on us - "oh yeah, you're expedite has been denied. I see it here. Try again on Friday. If its still frozen, call back. Thats all I can tell you. The operator shouldn't had requested another bill." And that was that.

    Another lack of communication we're having is when to submit the forms. On line it says in bold letters DO NOT SUBMIT PAPERWORK UNTIL YOU ARE ADVISED TO DO SO. THIS WILL DELAY YOUR CASE. But, I've asked four operators now and they've all said I won't be advised to send any paperwork in. To just send all the forms in now and they'll be processed when the payments are received. I don't know whether or not to send them all in and risk it or wait. With my experience with USCIS, every single operator gave me false and misleading information.

   I've talked to Lois Capps office and am waiting for a phone call back. I left a message yesterday. But I realize tomorrow is a holiday and many people probably are already on vacation. I'm hoping she can help us, in some way, to get a clear answer on our next move. And to help us with this problem of not being able to pay our fee on line.


    I'm just numb. I'm so sick of feeling angry, of getting upset, of screaming. I have no more tears to cry for this hopeless feeling I'm constantly left with. I'm so sick of conflicting information. I haven't been able to sleep for two nights now. Last night I finally fell asleep for a couple of hours, then woke up and couldn't go back to sleep. So I texted Gary to call me. He called and made me laugh and feel better. He said he'd do whatever it took to make me smile and that it was good to hear me laugh. Is it too much to want my husband next to me?? I'm grateful that he's pulling through and being my rock. He's also very depressed and missing us. But he's trying to be strong for us and there for me every time I breakdown. And for that, I'm a very lucky lady.
Goodnight,
Candance & Chloe

2 comments:

  1. Praying for good news and hoping for good news soon. You are strong and this may take longer then you want but in the end it will be worth it when he's home and you and Chloe are in his arms as a HAPPY FAMILY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the support! Words of encouragement are GREATLY needed right about now. Thanks so much for reading and hopefully we'll have good news soon!

      Delete