Wednesday, May 23, 2012

FINALLY some good news!

Day # 184 -
   I've been feeling really down since Thursday. On Thursday I went to a yoga class and felt a bit better after it was over. During the class I was on the verge of tears. It didn't help she was playing really sad music. I told myself to stop checking my status on the Immigration website www.uscis.gov for a few days.
  
I was so sick of seeing the same status and couldn't take it anymore. BUT on Saturday night, right before bed, I decided to check it, just for kicks. I clicked on the website, put in our case number and BAM! There it was! The little circle that had been stuck at "initial review" had moved to "post decision activity!" I nearly fell off my chair and had my mom come look, just to make sure I wasn't so tired I was seeing things. She confirmed it! Our I-130 ( http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=c67c7f9ded54d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD&vgnextchannel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD)  was approved on May 17, 2012! It took four months and one week for approval.

   I was so happy and excited, I couldn't sleep that night. I knew we were going to have to do the I-864 http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=b70f8875d714d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD&vgnextchannel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD next. This form asks for your past three years tax information of you and your family members, if you haven't made over a certain amount in the past years taxes. I was prepared to get this form in the mail as soon as they asked.


  I was under the impression that our I-130 would go to the National Visa Center within 15 days, where we would then get a request for the I-864 and the fee. Can't forget about all the fees! The next day I really decided to research it and went on my trusty new website www.immigrate2us.net. Thats where I learned that they will be requesting the I-864 that will cost $88, the DS-261, which explains where all information should be sent (one FREE form!) and the DS-260 which lists every move my husband has made over the past ten years. This form is $404.

  Funny, because we've already filled out the G-325 (http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=a0e747a55773d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD&vgnextchannel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD) months ago explaining his every move, ever. Now we have to do it AGAIN and pay $404. Apparently, they will be requesting the fees first. Once the fees are accepted and processed, they'll request the forms. This makes no sense and only adds on more time. Time in which we do not have. Once this is all said and done, the estimated time being anywhere from 8-16 weeks, they will send information regarding his medical. He will then have to travel to Dublin and see the only doctor in the whole country of Ireland who is qualified to give him a medical exam for Immigration to the US. He'll then have to return travel four hours back home and return to Dublin a few days later for his interview.

  During his interview, which is stated to be roughly 15 minutes, he will, most likely, be denied due to his overstay of 234 days. 54 days over what you are allowed to overstay. At this time he will hand over the I-601 waiver and the fee of $585. This waiver can take anywhere from 3 months to a year to process. A lot of things are also changing with the processes. So I'm not sure if his waiver will be sent to London or to Phoenix, AZ. If it is sent to London, we'll have a lot of hoping and praying to do, as this is one of the toughest offices to get a waiver passed.

  Due to all of this, I haven't been able to sleep a wink. Right now I'm a zombie...trying to take care of our two year old who keeps asking where her daddy is. Garys birthday is May 27, so Chloe keeps saying we have to go get him a birthday present. Last night she had my phone with his picture on it and put it under the blankets and said "here daddy, stay warm."

  It's just not possible to be away from my husband for all the time its going to take. But we already have over $1000 in fees ahead of us. We'd, then, have to come up with flight money. And now that Chloe is two, she requires a child fare.


  I just don't know what to do. I've been calling my dads doctor a few times a day and the office manager will not answer or call me back. If I can get a letter from her, we may be able to speed our case up. If not, I can send in my dads medical records and hope and pray that works.

  The good side of things is that our I-130 was FINALLY approved. I'm happy that is over. Some people were telling me it was going to take 6-7 months for an approval. I know I need to calm down so I can get some rest, but it just seems impossible.

  I'm going to write to the National Visa Center and see if theres anything I can do. Some people are telling me to get a lawyer. But we just can't afford it right now. That'd be another $2000-$3000. I guess all I can do now is write to the National Visa Center and, possibly, to the US Embassy in Dublin, where my husbands interview will be. I've been told by an Irish guy we know here that the Irish will help out a lot more than the Americans. If you're going through a similar experience, a good website to visit is http://immigrate2us.net/forum/showthread.php?92654-Help!-My-foreign-spouse-or-fiance-is-was-present-in-the-US-illegally.-What-do-I-do&p=1080336&viewfull=1#post1080336. All we can do is try.
Candance & Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment